ONUG Announces Speakers from Citigroup, FedEx, Cigna, Gap Inc, Bank of America, and Others
March 19, 2014 – Boston, Mass. – Open Networking User Group (ONUG), the leading user-driven community focused on expediting the delivery of open networking solutions, today announced the first of its Spring 2014 conference speakers. The ONUG Spring 2014 agenda will include early adopters of open networking and open storage solutions, spanning diverse industries. These IT business leaders will discuss their requirements, evaluation processes, challenges, and the benefits realized by their open networking and SDN pilots or deployments.
The ONUG Spring conference will take on a different format this year, with conference sessions from IT business leaders spanning both days. The morning keynotes and panels will be held exclusively for IT end users, while both afternoons will include a combination of speaking sessions and tutorials open to the industry at large. Also new to the spring conference are intimate Fireside Chats with ONUG board members, the ONUG SDN Hackathon, and a VXLAN interoperability demo.
The IT executives scheduled to share their open networking experiences include:
- Bank of America – Ernest Lefner, SVP Architecture and Engineering Executive
- Cigna – Michael Elmore, IT Senior Director
- Citigroup – Greg Lavender, Chief Technology Officer
- Credit Suisse – Vesko Pehlivanov, Assistant Vice President, Infrastructure and Strategy Team
- FedEx – Gene Sun, Vice President of Global Network and Communication Services
- Fidelity Investments – Keith Shinn, SVP Wholesale IT, Fidelity Technology Group
- Gap, Inc. – Pablo Espinosa, Director of Network Infrastructure
- Lucera – Jacob Loveless, Co-Founder and CEO
- NTT America – Fang Wu, VP, Solution Strategy, Development and Operations
- ONUG – Nick Lippis, Co-Founder and Co-Chairman
- Sears – Conrad Menezes, former Vice President of IT
- UBS – James Younan, Director of Research and Development
The spring program has been expanded to focus on Network Virtualization, Network Security, IP Storage, Software Defined Branch WAN, SDN Controllers, White Box Networking, and the intersection between NetOps and DevOps. The real world use cases developed and prioritized at ONUG Fall 2013 will be further developed based on progress and evolution within the industry. New use cases will be discussed and voted upon by the ONUG community to prioritize the use cases based on budget development and propensity to buy. Vendors participating in the open networking solutions demonstration at ONUG Spring 2014 will be showcasing the latest in open networking products and use case examples of real world deployments.
For more information and to register, visit the ONUG website.
ONUG is a user-driven community comprised of IT executives that are leveraging the power of their engineering and procurement to influence the pace and deployment of open networking solutions. The Board of Directors of ONUG is composed of IT leaders from Bank of America, Citigroup, Credit Suisse, FedEx, Fidelity, Gap Inc., JPMorgan Chase, Sears, Symantec, UBS, and The Lippis Report. For more information on ONUG, including speaking, demonstration and sponsorship opportunities go to www.OpenNetworkingUserGroup.com or join our community on LinkedIn at Open Networking User Group or on Twitter @ONUG_
Mira Genser Woods